Kelly Services Site Reliability Engineer - Boston, MA in Boston, Massachusetts
Kelly Services is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer for one of the largest digital learning company in Boston, MA .
Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Boston, MA
Type: Contract (W2)
Duration: 6+ months with extension possibility
Pay Rate: $75/HR
The responsibilities will entail these core functions:
Hands-on design, analysis and troubleshooting of highly-distributed large-scale production systems
Ownership of reliability, uptime, capacity- and performance analysis thereof
Ensuring the repeatability, traceability, and transparency of our infrastructure automation
Identifying highest-impact opportunities to optimize existing systems
System design consulting for teams seeking to leverage or improve their production infrastructure
Anticipate, build and plan capacity for upcoming product/feature launches
Possess a strong desire to learn the environment with ability and focus to improve it
• BS Degree in Computer Science (or related technical field and/or equivalent industry experience)
• Strong Linux administration/build/management skills
• Development experience in at least one of these languages: Java, Go, C# and/or Python; Strong skills in reading, understanding and writing code in the same
• Demonstrated expertise building and managing highly scaled production infrastructure in on-prem and AWS based environments
• Extensive experience troubleshooting n-tier architectures with diverse sets of technologies strongly desired. (e.g. load balancers, web/app/caching/database servers, queues, threading, memory, cpu, heap, storage, network, os)
• Strong experience using application and infrastructure monitoring systems (like Splunk, Cloudwatch, Datadog, New Relic, Sumologic, ELK)
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Mastery of infrastructure automation technologies (like Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
• Expertise with continuous deployment based software development lifecycles (e.g. CI/CD)
• Experience with common middleware (e.g., Apache, NGINX, IIS, Tomcat, JBoss)
• Experience with SQL databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL)
• Expertise with SDLC branching, SCM, and code deployment systems (git/gitflow, Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, etc.)
• Expertise in container/container-fleet-orchestration technologies (like Docker, Vagrant, Mesosphere)
* If this position may be of interest to you, please email me back at firstname.lastname@example.org (with your most up to date resume, for further consideration) and advise the best time and number at which you can be reached. If not for yourself, feel free to share this opportunity within your network! *
Shazneen Irani | Professional Technical Recruiter | email@example.com
Kelly Services, Inc. | kellyservices.com
Why Kelly ® ?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly , we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.