Kelly Services Quality Engineer in Midland, Michigan
Kelly Services is currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineer for a direct hire role at one of our top Chemical clients in Midland, MI . Kelly is a full service workforce solutions provider to 98% of the Fortune 100™ companies. We provide employment to more than 700,000 people annually and we deal with some of the largest and best companies both nationally and locally.
The Quality Engineer leads and executes the business quality programs and systems to enable the business to profitably meet customer and product regulatory requirements related to the EHSQ Management Systems. Provide a technical resource to assist work teams on daily operations improvements in the areas of quality, cost performance, delivery reliability and full participation with Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality efforts. This role is also a key influential leader for enhancing the front-line knowledge and accountability for quality and promoting a customer-focused culture within the plant.
Description of duties and responsibilities:
• This role analyzes quality performance routinely, drives statistical analysis of our products and specifications vs. manufacturing capability, sets continuous improvement goals and executes projects to improve our First Pass Prime and product quality performance. Lead teams for First Pass Prime Improvement, with a focus on also driving Productivity / yield improvement gains.
• Implement and maintain the business/site quality programs / management system which align to the Business Quality Strategy at the plant level. Lead the interface between customers and the plant to ensure consistent high quality service to customers. Represent the “Voice of Customer” at the plant.
• Lead quality and related management system plant training.
• Act as key interface to build or enhance relationships, services and flow of information between the plant and the customer, purchasing, supply chain, research, product stewardship and commercial organization related to the product quality / regulatory requirements related to the quality management system.
• Ensure that product returns and non-conforming product are appropriately managed to prevent unintended use, including disposition. Be the SME for review and approval of special released product.
• Monitor the effectiveness of the quality management system and communicate to leadership improvement needs and opportunities. (ex, raw material quality and supplier assessments).
• Generate, analyze, and use quality data (performance vs. specifications, customer complaints, plant metrics etc.) to enable cross functional partners to drive product quality improvements.
• Lead and participate in management of change reviews that potentially impact product quality (e.g. specification, train qualifications, plant equipment or operational condition changes, analytical testing, etc).
• Ensure plant Operating Discipline system, procedures and guidelines meet quality system requirements, as appropriate (e.g. Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO 9001).
• Serve as element focal point for the quality requirements of the Operating Discipline Management System.
• Provide consultation on applicable material handling guidelines and quality requirements for External Manufacturing Operations Plan.
• Train and provide guidance to plant and other roles that impact product quality (e.g. lab, maintenance, logistics, etc) on customer and product regulatory requirements, and the use of MPQ supporting tools and processes to achieve plant and business goals.
• Identify and lead improvement opportunities as determined through data analysis, customer audits, Six Sigma projects, and other quality-related programs.
• Host customer, product regulatory, and other quality related external party visits and audits, in cooperation with Commercial and other functions (ex, internal and external ISO audits).
• Lead / champion product quality problem solving efforts (i.e. Corrective Action Management Process, the Root Cause Investigation Process, including customer feedback, etc).
• Establish and manage the plant quality system audit program, in conjunction with Business or Site strategies.
• Conduct audits of plants, labs, terminals, warehouses, contract manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, customers, etc. to ensure customer needs are met. Leverage findings to drive continuous improvement.
• Lead or participate in the review of plant and cross functional projects having a potential impact on product quality.
• Work with business and plant personnel to introduce new products as part of the product qualification process.
• Lead or participate in business, site, and plant/department quality system networks. Ensure quality system tools (e.g.computer) are validated throughout the plant quality architecture.
• Lead cross functional teams to define our fundamental understanding of our critical process conditions related to product quality properties. Develop the tools / work process to ensure we capture and stay in control.
• Be a strong influential leader in the plant, a key member of the plant leadership and MI teams, including driving the desired Highly Reliable Organization behaviors and EH&S excellence that go hand-in-hand with our quality discipline.
• Learn our plant processes well enough to be a technical resource that helps troubleshoot intra-plant issues related to quality and to cover on-call duties. Lead technical RCI's to understand quality related technology gaps / develop improvement plans. Fulfill the CAPA focal point role element owner.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must submit your resumes. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position ( Staci Daigle-Davis - firstname.lastname@example.org ) however your resume must be received directly from the job posting. Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.