Kelly Services Contract Scrum Master in Omaha, Nebraska
CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY AT: https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/526322
JOB TITLE: Scrum Master in Omaha, NE
PAY RATE : $60/hr to $65/hr
Experience with non-collocated teams
Experience with Version One
Experience with Planview
Workstream financial management required
Scaled Agile Experience
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
This position will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility to ensure Scrum theory, practices, and rules are understood and enacted.
The Scrum Master will support two scrum teams within a fast-paced application development environment while adhering to Scrum principles.
S/he will lead complex large scale and/or enterprise-wide Agile programs and coordinate with various program support teams. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
• Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Leads multiple high performing Scrum teams facilitating progress toward delivery goals using agile practices and coordinates information with other non-scrum teams involved in the project. specialized Agile/Scrum delivery methodology including managing budget and schedules for assigned programs/projects.
• Identifies dependencies and removes impediments to project progress, identifies areas of risk, and develops and implements complex mitigation plans.
• Facilitates core Agile meetings with two or three teams (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Demo, Retrospective and Backlog refinement).
• Develops metric reports on project status, budget, schedule, and Agile metrics such as velocity and cycle time.
• Manages internal and external communication, improves transparency, and communicates information throughout the organization.
• Leads collaboration sessions with internal clients on complex/large-scale projects to formulate creative and practical solutions to software challenges.
• Interfaces and effectively communicates with business and technical resources.
• Synchronizes with non-technical teams to deliver releases smoothly.
• Identifies key cross-functional issues and project synergies; provides guidance with complex project issues.
• Collaborates effectively with management and appropriate project stakeholders on issues and conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality and risk of assigned complex projects/programs.
• Acts as a primary communication hub between the various functional departments and the software development team to foresee risks, formulate plans, and organize activities to ensure sprints are completed on time.
• Contributes to the software development process improvement initiatives and associated documentation, and provides valuable guidance to peers based on process/product knowledge and scrum experience.
• Ensures clear communication and organization of the team(s), along with maintaining the core scrum artifacts and facilitating the core scrum ceremonies.
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
• Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
• Remains current in profession and industry trends.
• Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by making suggestions for improvement- learning new skills, procedures and processes
• Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) in IT or related business field (Minimum Required)
• 3 – 5+ Years of experience as a scrum master leading multiple software development project teams to deliver high-quality software solutions using Agile techniques (Required)
• Travel Type: National Domestic
• Travel Amount: up to 25%
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
• Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
• Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
• Works with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances.
• Ability to analyze complex information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
• Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
• Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Evaluate trends in data or information.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
• Ability to work with others in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
• Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
• Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
• Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior/executive management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
• Thorough understanding of multiple SDLC methodologies with an emphasis on Agile.
• Experience managing multiple teams simultaneously in an Agile environment, including onsite and remote team members.
• Experience managing product and sprint backlogs, and executing effectively and efficiently using Agile techniques such as Scrum.
• Ability to run sprint retrospectives and provide constructive feedback to teams regarding estimates, activities and process improvement.
• Strong experience in managing custom software development projects/programs.
• Scrum master certification (CSM) is required
• Team coach certification (CTC) is preferred
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle & feel & talk, hear & see.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk & reach with hands & arms.
• Employee must be able to work more than 40 hrs per week.
Kelley Arzola | Professional Technical Recruiter | Kelly Services - e-Accounts division
CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY AT: https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/526322
Why Kelly ® ?
Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.