Kelly Services Human Resources Business Leader in Toronto, Ontario
Come work with us at our client, a global leader in the snack food industry.
The Human Resources Business Leader, Commercial & Corporate Functions role reports to the Director of Human Resources for the Canadian Business Unit and will define the people agenda in collaboration with their business partners and the HR Centre of Excellence (COE), this means driving the people and business agenda in equal measure. The priorities of the role include providing the right business insights to the business partners, influencing and supporting the direction of the business and coaching and developing the teams to enable the achievement of our goals through talented people.
• Work proactively with business partners to create and implement a people plan that will enable the business partners to reach and exceed their business goals
• Provide guidance and coaching to business partners in areas such as organizational health & design, talent management and leadership development
• Partner with the functions in the following areas:
o Organizational Design and Development - ensure that the functions are structured in a way that enables them to meet and exceed their business objectives
o Talent Resourcing - ensure that the function is attracting, retaining and developing the right level of talent which enables them to meet our current and future talent needs while developing talent for broader organization
o Team Effectiveness – provides coaching and facilitation to the business partners on how to drive effective teams
o Learning and Development - identifies areas of development and then works with the internal COE to source or create programs
o Performance Management - continuously educate our business partners on the needs to raise the bar on performance expectations and lead the formal mid-year and year end talent calibration processes
o Engagement - working with the business partners assess and develop strategies to address the results of our engagement survey
o Reward - ensure that business partners leverage reward programs to motivate and recognize their colleagues.
• Grow and develop the overall HR community to deliver HR services that meet the needs of the organization
• Bachelor’s Degree required (Business Administration, Human Resources or related field)
• Seven or more years of broad HR career experience across multiple functional areas of a business; Previous experience providing HR support to Commercial - Marketing & Sales organizations required
• Proven experience influencing business partners with the ability to create and then implement solutions to problems
• Demonstrated ability to quickly identify what is important and not get bogged down in the trivial matters
• Ability to manage a changing agenda and pursue improvement opportunities alongside the pressure of the regular work cycle
• Strong business acumen - ability to understand our business, our brands and our P&L
• Strong interpersonal and decision making skills, with the ability to build credible relationships with multiple functions
About Us Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer. Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance